Monday 15 January 2018

Stand Up For Yourself - Learn to say "NO"


Truth be said, there are no personal boundaries without ‘no’.
In the world where you are expected to constantly keep up, be on top of your game and always have it together, I learned to say this word. I always thought I had to agree and say yes most of the time.

Be a good friend, be pleasant and reliable. For a long time it seemed like I had no choice but to take on everything that was asked of me.

How could I say no to a friend who depends on me? How is possible for me to draw a line at work and admit to the already impossible workload ahead?

I didn’t want to let anyone down. I didn’t want to show that I was ‘weak’ or incapable. I simply didn’t want to have an honest conversation about what I truly wanted and felt.
In all honesty, I wasn’t courageous enough. I wasn’t listening to myself.

In a world that expected me to always say yes, I began to say no. I saw how through these ‘no’s, I was able to shape my life and fill it with things that I actually wanted.

By connecting within, I saw that no one was ever stepping into my personal space and blurring the boundaries. I just didn’t take a stance for what I wanted and what was important to me.

But this is the beginning of a life where I am free of overwhelm and in alignment with myself.
Now I say no, will you?



Flourishing Empowered Women
http://flowrishingtheewomen.blogspot.com
IG: @flowrishingwomen @milkflow
Twitter: @milkflows

No comments:

Post a Comment